Tuesday, February 24, 2009

While We're Waiting


Yes, if you check our blog with any regularity, you have noticed that we've not posted anything for about a month. You have waited, just as we have, since we haven't felt like there was much to say. We were told a month ago that we should have our visas by now, but we continue to wait. It has been a bit frustrating for us as we sit on edge with every phonecall, anticipating our call from the Spanish Consulate telling us to pick up our visas. So far that call has not come, and we are continuing to wait as faithfully as we can.

So what have we been doing as we've waited? We've prepared our possessions for shipping, we've sold our car, we've visited and spoken at a couple more churches, we've been praying and reading Scripture together, we've visited many dear friends, we've been doing a lot of paperwork (for life insurance, retirement, and health insurance--none of which have been as quick and easy as we had anticipated), we've been working on B.J.'s Spanish, and we've been struggling deeply with our impatience in the midst of this season of waiting.

Yesterday, as we drove to meet with the buyer of our car, we heard the song, "While I'm Waiting," (by John Waller) on the radio, and we found ourselves surprisingly encouraged by its message--it seems to speak directly to the season of life we're in. If you click the above video, you can watch, listen and perhaps even be encouraged yourself. Below are the lyrics:

I'm waiting, I'm waiting on You, Lord;
And I am hopeful, I'm waiting on You, Lord;
Though it is painful, but patiently, I will wait.
I will move ahead, bold and confident, taking every step in obedience.

While I'm waiting, I will serve You;
While I'm waiting, I will worship;
While I'm waiting, I will not faint,
I'll be running the race, even while I wait.

I'm waiting, I'm waiting on You, Lord;
And I am peaceful, I'm waiting on You, Lord;
Though it's not easy, but faithfully, I will wait, yes, I will wait.
I will move ahead, bold and confident, taking every step in obedience.

While I'm waiting, I will serve You;
While I'm waiting, I will worship;
While I'm waiting, I will not faint,
I'll be running the race, even while I wait.

I will serve You while I'm waiting,
I will worship while I'm waiting,
I will serve You while I'm waiting,
I will worship while I'm waiting,
I will serve you while I'm waiting,
I will worship while I'm waiting on You, Lord

1 comment:

Lisa Bartelt said...

We, too, were encouraged by this song the first time we heard while watching "Fireproof." So glad to hear your waiting is almost over!