Sunday, August 2, 2009

Preaching and Vacation

Apologies for not having posted any news for nearly a month now--no major excuses to give, we just haven't gotten around to it. Anyhow, this morning I (B.J.) had the great opportunity to preach at the church of Rachel's parents in Camarma, Madrid. As you can probably ascertain from the photo, no, I didn't preach in Spanish--though I'm increasing in my language ability, I'm still not quite at the point of being able to preach a sermon. They invited me to preach on the theme of Serving Christ, as we find in the passage of Romans 12:3-8. It went well, and, on a personal level, it felt good to preach again, since I haven't preached since February or March. The congregation is a new church plant, and they have a fresh spirit about them, so they were very positive in their response to the passage and the sermon.

In other news, since my language school is closed in August, we are spending the next couple weeks in Galicia, which is in northwest Spain. One of our objectives for this year of transition is to get to know the various regions of Spain, so we're looking forward to spending some time in a new place. They say it's green and cool there, which is a significant contrast to the yellow and brown of Córdoba (and the 100+ heat).

If you'd like to check out some of our photos of Córdoba and Sevilla, click on the following words: Córdoba or Sevilla.

No comments: