Thursday, April 17, 2008

10 Foot Jesus & Steve Lamotte

Last evening I had the special privilege of speaking at Avenue United Methodist Church in Milford, Delaware. Our good friends, Steve & Andrea Lamotte, are in ministry there (Steve's the "Next Gen Pastor" with me above), and we've had the opportunity throughout the years not only to maintain a good friendship but also to minister together on a few occasions--last night was one of those. Unfortunately, Rachel couldn't be there, but, even so, Jesus was there, as you can see in the photo above. That's actually a somewhat frightening painting of Jesus--His eyes follow you throughout the room, and He's really huge!

Anyway, something great happened last night other than me getting to catch up with good friends. During my three hour drive, I was a bit overwhelmed, down and discouraged because of all the stuff going on in our lives right now--work, school, support raising, having to move after graduation, and the like. But by the end of the evening, I was greatly encouraged. The folks there were interested in us, they asked some good questions about us and Spain, and they wanted to hear stories of what Steve was like in college. Many of them told me that they would be praying for us and wanted to join our financial support team. God really used our new friends at Avenue to encourage me, which was just what I needed. It was refreshing to experience God's goodness through His people!

Here's another photo of Steve and me with 10 Foot Jesus--I'm not sure what we're doing, though it kind of looks like we're slow dancing like middle schoolers.

2 comments:

Steve and Andrea LaMotte said...

Wow...we are two good looking guys!

B.J. and Rachel Whitaker said...

Oh no, Steve, I think there are three good looking guys in that picture!