Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Church Visits Can Make You Fat

The past week has been an incredibly full week! After speaking in a seminary chapel service last Tuesday, I headed out to western PA on Thursday for a trio of missions conferences. Thursday and Friday were spent at Bethany Crossroads E.C. Church, while Saturday was spent down the road with the folks of Grace E.C. in Knox. Sunday morning I had the opportunity to preach and then share our Spain presentation with some new friends at Trinity E.C. in the village of Fern (below is a picture of Pastor Mark Micklos and his son Nate), and Sunday evening was back at Grace with their youth group. To close the weekend I got up at 5:45 on Monday morning to share breakfast and a little bit about Spain with around 15 teens at Knox Grace--I was pretty proud of those teenagers for getting up so early to eat and learn about the spiritual needs of Spain. What a whirlwind weekend!
Here was the basic itinerary of the weekend: eat, speak, eat, eat, speak, sleep, eat, speak, eat, eat, sleep. If I had to do this every weekend, it would be a very unhealthy lifestyle--I would become grossly obese. Our new friends out there fed me well (maybe too well!) and were very warm and receptive, which I am very thankful for. But I have had to run two days in a row to try to work off the thousands of calories I took in over the weekend.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am an old friend of Nate Micklos...Dawn McChesney. Anyway I could get a hold of him. Here is my email address...dmcchesney1@gmail.com.